Canon & Culture is invaded by Aggies when Phillip Bethancourt, Ph.D. (ERLC Executive VP) joins us to talk about the ERLC’s collaboration with Southern Baptist seminaries. We also get a glimpse into the many events the ERLC has planned for 2016 and learn how Phillip instills Aggie values in his 4 boys while living in Tennessee. (Ok, not really. Maybe.)
Our conversation includes answers to the following questions, among many others:
- What does an executive vice president do, exactly?
- Is seminary only for pastors?
- What unique contributions does the ERLC provide a seminary curriculum?
- What events does the ERLC have planned for 2016?
- Big picture: ERLC Academy
- ERLC expands academic opportunities with Southern Baptist seminaries
- Google this.
- Baptist Press
- Louisville – Southern
- Wake Forest – Southeastern
- Kansas City – Midwestern
- All SBC seminaries, including in
- Training partnership with Ministry Grid
ERLC 2016 events
- All events
- National Conference: August, Nashville
- Annual Meeting of the SBC – June, St. Louis
Phillip Bethancourt is Executive Vice President of the ERLC. He leads the ERLC team to develop innovative strategies to equip churches to address the key moral and ethical issues of the day. He completed an MDiv and PhD in Systematic Theology at Southern after attending Texas A&M University. Phillip and his wife, Cami, have been married since 2005, and have four boys.