The ERLC’s Andrew Walker and Daniel Patterson discuss proposed California legislation SB-1146 and its implications for religious higher education.
SB1146 is scheduled for committee vote August 11 and a vote in the full California Assembly August 19.
- Read, join, and share the statement in opposition to SB 1146.
- Christianity Today: Christian, Muslim, and Jewish Leaders: California, Please Protect Religious Liberty
- View existing signatories via ERLC.com
- Canon & Culture: In Higher Education, California is Becoming Anti-Choice
- Religious liberty trouble in California: An interview with the President of Biola Univerity – ERLC
- Biola, conscience and the culture war – Mere Orthodoxy
Andrew T. Walker serves as the Director of Policy Studies. In his role, he researches and writes about human dignity, family stability, religious liberty, public theology, and the moral principles that support civil society. He also helps direct the ERLC’s Research Institute. Andrew is currently a Ph.D. student in Ethics at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. His most recent book is Marriage is: How Marriage Transforms Society and Cultivates Human Flourishing. He is married to Christian, and they have two daughters.
Daniel Patterson serves as Chief of Staff at the ERLC. In this role, he directs the executive office of the president and helps lead strategic initiatives across the organization. He completed an MDiv and PhD in systematic theology at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He and his wife Molly have been married since 2010, and together they have two daughters, Emma and Claire.